*In December 2017 Riyad won the mid-day Manchester audition and will be making his debut at the Birdgwater Hall in Manchester in 2018-2019.
*Riyad is excited to be sellected to complete at the Leeds International Piano Competition. Here is a related article "First ever Syrian to enter prestigious Leeds International Piano Competition" http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/5/33/285830/Arts--Culture/Music/First-ever-Syrian-to-enter-prestigds-Intl-.aspxious-Lee
*Riyad has recentely been invited to teach Piano at the Junior Department of Guildhall School of Music from September 2017.
*In April 2017 Riyad won the Gold Medal at the Berliner International Piano Competition and will be presented by Manhattan Concert Artists.
* New Video recording of a Syrian Compositions by Kareem Roustom and Chopin Nocturne Op.9, No. 3 can be found at VIDEOS
* ITV Border interview Riyad about Syria before performing for Carlisle Music Society and video can be found at VIDEOS
*In August 2016, Riyad has been sellected as one of 24 finalists to complete at the Busoni International Piano Competition in August 2017.
*In June 2015 The Countess of Munster Trust has exceptionally sellected Riyad as an artist for a 2nd year. He will be giving regular solo recitals at many prestigious music socities at the UK and abroad, including some concerto performances with orchestras during the next season 2015-2017.
*In June 2015 Riyad graduated with distinction in Master of Performance from the Royal College of Music .
* Recent reviews from Sunderalnd amd Cockermouth Societies can be found be clicking on Sunderland or Cockermouth
*In June 2014 Riyad has been selected as an artist at The Couness of Munster Concert Scheme.
*A recent review on 1s prize winner concert of Norah Sande Award "Riyad Nicolas" can be found be clicking on Eastbourne review
*In February 2014 Riyad won the Gold Medal at the prestigious Chappell Medal Piano Competition at the Royal College of Music.
*Riyad been awarded a scholarship to do a Master of Performance course starting in September 2013 at the Royal College of Music, studying with Dmitri Alexeev.
"In July 2013 Riyad won the 1st prize in Norah Sande Award Piano Competition and will be performing in Eastbourne and Cambs in the UK as part of the prize. Please go to "Concerts" section for more updates.
* The success of his Beethoven Emperor Concerto performance with London Chamber Orchestra led to a considerable fund raising of over £150000 for The International Rescue Committe (for Syria) at the UK. Samples of videos can be seen by clicking on VIDEOS
* In February 2012 , Riyad was chosen as one of the Tillett Trust’s Young Artist Platform Scheme. Very recentely in October 2012 he made his debut in Wigmore debut and soon he will be making his debut in Cadogan Hall performing Beethoven 5th Concerto with the London Chamber Orchestra. In addition he will be performing in many prestigious festivals in the UK and also in Spain.
*Riyad is working on his CD recording offer in France – (1st Prize in Francaix International Piano Competition).
* In 29 April 2012, Riyad won 1st Prize in Christopher Duke Piano Recital Competition-UK.
* Riyad’s passion and success in promoting Arabic Contemporary compositions led to an invitation from the Brunel Institue for Contemporary Middle Eastern Music, Arab British Centre and British Arab Exchange Organization amony others.
* Teaching: In addition to Riyad’s performance career, his qualifications include the BMus and LRAM teaching diploma from the Royal Academy of Music. He has extensive teaching experience as an an official previous Piano Teacher in London Music Centre and current piano teacher in Finchley Music School. He has has been teaching privately for many years and will be happy to be contacted for prviate teachings through his email email@example.com